*** Abstract Submission is Closed ***
Late breaking abstract submission will open again between May 1, 2017 - June 15, 2017.
NOTE TO INVITED SPEAKERS
Please do not submit an abstract of your invited lecture via the link below.
You will receive a link, via e-mail, to access the invited speaker abstract form.
The Scientific Programme Committee (SPC) is pleased to invite members of EFIC® chapters and others to submit abstracts for Poster presentation at the Pain in Europe X Congress.
Abstract submission deadline is Tuesday, 28 February 2017.
Abstracts received after the deadline will not be accepted.
Presentations will be in POSTER format. Instructions on the date and time of your presentation, and on the preparation of posters, will be provided with the notification of acceptance of your abstract.
The presenting author is required to ensure that all co-authors are aware of the content of the abstract before submission to the Secretariat. Submission implies that the corresponding author has received the consent from co-authors.
Presenting authors of accepted abstracts must be registered participants. Registration must be received by the Secretariat by Tuesday, 9 May 2017, to ensure being scheduled in the scientific programme.
Abstracts must be submitted in English with accurate grammar and spelling of a quality suitable for publication. If you need help, please arrange for the review of your abstract by a colleague who is a native English speaker, by a university scientific publications office (or other similar facility) or by a copy editor, prior to submission.
Before you begin, please prepare the following information:
- Presenting author's contact details
Author and co-authors' details
- Email address
- Full postal address
- Telephone and fax numbers
Abstract title - limited to 25 words in UPPER CASE Abstract text – limited to 250 words, including acknowledgements.
- Full name (first name(s) and family name(s).
- Email address
- Affiliation details: department, institution / hospital, city, state (if relevant), country
(Please Note: word count is affected when graphs/tables/images are included)
We recommend using word-processing software (for example, Word) for editing your abstract and counting the number of words. Abstracts should be structured as shown below:
- Background and aims
Abstracts that are not conforming to this structure will be rejected.
- Use only standard abbreviations. Place special or unusual abbreviations, in parentheses, after the full word appears the first time.
- Use generic names of drugs. Express numbers as numerals.
- Abstract Category– abstracts will be grouped into scientific/medical topics in accordance with the list of main topics. Please use the appropriate fields in the abstract submission form to list the topic most suited to your abstract. Although we will try to honour your preferences, this cannot be guaranteed.
To preview the categories click here.
- Tables – A maximum of 3 tables of up to 10 rows x 10 columns can be included per abstract.
- Graphs and images – Pictures/Graphs: Authors can include a maximum of 3 Pictures/graphs. The maximum file size of each picture/graph is 500 KB.
The maximum pixel size of the graph/picture is 600(w) x 800(h) pixels.
You can upload graphs and images in JPG, PNG and GIF format only.
- After submitting your abstract, you can still make changes up until the deadline. After the deadline, no changes will be accepted.